Events at Oldcastle
We are more than just theatre!
The next in the Center for Communication in Medicine’s SpeakSooner Community Education Film Series. “Patch Adams”, stars the inimitable Robin Williams as a medical student clashing with the school’s administration over his efforts to humanize the doctor-patient relationship. The film “showcases [Williams’s] great gift for improvisational comedy and his ability to make heartfelt connection,” states Tom Keogh, Film.com.
After the screening a panel of local doctors will discuss the challenges of incorporating humanism in medical training and practice, followed by a Q&A session and dessert reception.
Tickets are $25 and can be purchased at BPT.
Buy tickets here: https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/3620831
Starline Rhythm Boys Live on Main Street 20th Anniversary
The Starline Rhythm Boys for the past 20 years have evoke the spirited country and juke joint sounds that echoed out of the Tennessee Hills and Texas Honkytonks of the 1940s and 50s.
Tickets available here: https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/3617077
March 7th to the 17th, 2019
The Trip Includes
- Roundtrip airfare from Boston (Logan) to London Heathrow.
- Airport transfers to and from Heathrow and the hotel by private motor coach.
- Escorted 1⁄2 day bus tour of London with Select Travel’s guide (including a stop at Westminster Abbey). This is to fill time before we can check in at the hotel.
- Full English breakfast every day.
- 9 nights’ hotel accommodation at the Copthorne Tara Hotel (just off Kensington High Street).
- Welcome dinner.
- 8 day London tube pass (zones 1 & 2)(also includes buses). Day trip to Stratford-upon-Avon:
- Stopping at Blenheim Palace.
- See a show at the Royal Shakespeare
- Company in Stratford-upon-Avon.
- Day trip to Hampton Court.
- Globe Theatre tour and exhibition.
- Day activities are optional; you can join us or go off on your own.